Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the General Topics forum!

A forum for all for all general topics. This forum is publicly visible.
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Given the weather forecast is the Steamer going ahead?

Given the weather forecast is the Steamer going ahead? 2 weeks 12 hours ago #1

  • Peter Newbery-Thornton
  • Peter Newbery-Thornton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3
or is it going to be postponed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Given the weather forecast is the Steamer going ahead? 2 weeks 7 hours ago #2

  • Paul/Nicky/Greg Bartlett
  • Paul/Nicky/Greg Bartlett's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 20
Copy email received today from PRO John...............
“The high winds that we have experienced since the New Year seem set to continue into the weekend. Hence there is a possibility that the Steamer may have to be postponed from Saturday to Sunday.
We plan to make a decision whether to postpone or not this Thursday, when the weather forecast will be more reliable, and communicate the decision to both competitors and helpers on that day. Obviously I have to plan for such an eventuality, and to help with the planning could you please indicate whether you will be available to help on the Sunday. It may be that you were not able to help this Saturday, but are able to help on Sunday, if so I would love to hear from you as I’m bound to need people to fill in the gaps left by those who are not able to help on Sunday.
I look forward to hearing from you.”
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Paul/Nicky/Greg Bartlett.

Given the weather forecast is the Steamer going ahead? 2 weeks 3 hours ago #3

  • Peter Newbery-Thornton
  • Peter Newbery-Thornton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Posts: 3
Hi John, I'm afraid I won't be there as it's my 10th wedding anniversary so it wouldn't go down well if I spent the weekend sailing and my dinghy isn't big enough to live in. I am planning on loaning my dinghy to a friend to race over the weekend so just wondering if I need to pop to the club to prep it this week or not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Given the weather forecast is the Steamer going ahead? 1 week 6 days ago #4

A decision will be made tomorrow morning (Thursday). If the forecast stays as it is then it is likely it will be postponed until Sunday. If you have already entered you will get an email tomorrow.
Cheers
Vyv

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Given the weather forecast is the Steamer going ahead? 1 week 5 days ago #5

Ideal B14 weather Vyv... should hit mach 10 around 29 bouy :ohmy:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Given the weather forecast is the Steamer going ahead? 1 week 5 days ago #6

The Steamer has been postponed until Sunday March 17th. First start will be at 13:30. The forecast for Sunday looks a little iffy so a final decision about whether it will go ahead will be made tomorrow.
This means that club racing is cancelled on Sunday.

Those wishing to see Crispin's B14 hitting 29 on Saturday should contact him directly. :cheer: :silly:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
Powered by Kunena Forum

Logon Info

If you are an SYC member we strongly recommend that you log on (or create an account to logon) as there is lots of functionality on this web site that is only available to logged on SYC members. If you are on a private computer, clicking Remember Me is also highly recommended.