Welcome to the General Topics forum!

A forum for all for all general topics. This forum is publicly visible.

Racing crew availability

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago#2851by Gemma Quickenden
Racing crew availability was created by Gemma Quickenden
Hi

I returned last summer to live near family in Devon and looking to crew dingy racing, preferably Cats, long term.

My sail experience is varied and infrequent because I moved around, Ive done some yacht and dingy racing. In 2015 I spent 8 months training & racing hobie cats out of Dar es Salaam club.

I am self-employed so flexible to attend training. Please get in touch if you are searching for new crew.

Gemma Quickenden
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Gemma Quickenden.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago#2852by steve peat
Replied by steve peat on topic Racing crew availability
Hi Gemma,
I'm often short handed these days on my RS400. My wife is my regular crew but she has ongoing back problems, not best suited to hiking out! Unfortunately I'm not available several weekends over the next few months, but I'd be more than happy if you wanted to try some asymmetric sailing, it's not a trapezing boat though.
At the moment I'm not sure on availability w/e 13/14th April, but if I'm araound and you are available there is a free sailing day on Sat 13th which would be a good time to have a practice. (then 2 races on the Sunday if you are feeling energetic!)

Cheers
Steve Peat
Mob 07854 999498

More
4 years 11 months ago#2854by Gemma Quickenden
Replied by Gemma Quickenden on topic Racing crew availability
Hi Steve

Thankyou, I spoke with your wife yesterday and she said might need someone. Ive sent you a text.

Gemma

More
4 years 11 months ago#2857by Ben Cutler-Sharp
Replied by Ben Cutler-Sharp on topic Racing crew availability
Hi Gemma

There is a good cat fleet at SYC and I know a few helms looking for crews. Best thing to do is get in touch with Joe Buxton-Smith the Hurricane fleet captain and he can help point you in the right direction!

I believe there is a contact form on the website - let me know if you can’t find it or don’t hear back from him and I can give him a nudge

Ben

More
4 years 11 months ago#2859by Jeremy Lees
Replied by Jeremy Lees on topic Racing crew availability
Me for instance...

Jeremy Lees