Welcome to the General Topics forum!

A forum for all for all general topics. This forum is publicly visible.

Missing block

• Trisha Clancy
  • Topic Author
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago#2931by Trisha Clancy
Missing block was created by Trisha Clancy
Big thank you to the Junior Sailing instructors for a fantastic session last night.
My little boy Archie turned 8 yesterday and was super excited about going for his first sail ever in his Topper (birthday present we had been saving for) so it is understandably very upsetting that we discovered when rigging that a brand new block from the mainsail and a clip had been taken without our knowledge.

If you borrowed Archie’s property and forgot to return it, please do so as soon as possible.
I would hate to think that anyone at Starcross would take something from a child’s dinghy with the intention of keeping it.

Huge massive thanks to Paul who helped us and made sure Archie got out on the water for his birthday.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Trisha Clancy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago#2953by Max
Replied by Max on topic Missing block
Sorry to hear this Trisha.

Sadly this has happened twice to us recently with Bungs being taken from our topper and Hobie.

It has really taken the shine off the club for us due to the disruption it caused.

I hope whoever took your block returns it in good faith.

• Trisha Clancy
  • Topic Author
4 years 10 months ago#2955by Trisha Clancy
Replied by Trisha Clancy on topic Missing block
That’s equally disappointing to hear that your sailing has also been affected by missing equipment. Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, our block hasn’t been returned. Since I joined last September I have always found the club and its members incredibly helpful and friendly. It really is a pity that the actions of some go against this.