Welcome to the General Topics forum!

A forum for all for all general topics. This forum is publicly visible.

Sailing solo around Britain.

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago#3346by Derek Hathaway
Sailing solo around Britain. was created by Derek Hathaway
Next year (2020) I am planning to sail (mostly solo!) around Britain. I am hoping to have some company for a couple of short stages along the way to maintain my sanity! I aim to leave late April but as yet am undecided whether to sail clockwise or anticlockwise, though I like the idea of anticlockwise just to be contrary! My Westerly Fulmar Thalmia, usually moored just off the slipway is, I think, well set up having worked on her over the last 3 winters since I bought her but this winter will allow some final preparations. I have set up a blog for people to follow my progress next year and this is the link: voyagesofthalmia.wordpress.com I shall be very pleased to have members of SYC follow me - add your email address at the bottom of the blog and you will get email notification of updates to the blog.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Derek Hathaway.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• STEPHEN POLLARD
4 years 5 months ago#3356by STEPHEN POLLARD
Replied by STEPHEN POLLARD on topic Sailing solo around Britain.
Hi, I tried the link in your post but it didn't work for me. Thought you'd like to know.
I've subscribed to this post. Does that include the blog?
May this winter's prep go well.
Cheers,Steve 

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago#3358by Derek Hathaway
Replied by Derek Hathaway on topic Sailing solo around Britain.
Hi Steve,
I've just used the link to access the site and it seemed to work ok for me on Chrome and Safari. Perhaps someone else could try the link and let me know if they also have a problem? If so I'll see if there is a different way to post  link here.
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by Derek Hathaway.

• STEPHEN POLLARD
4 years 5 months ago#3359by STEPHEN POLLARD
Hi,
I tried again on my smartphone and it didn't work and then on Chrome and it didn't work there either.
Cheers,Steve

More
4 years 5 months ago#3361by Derek Hathaway
Replied by Derek Hathaway on topic Sailing solo around Britain.
Steve, sorry you are having problems using the link. Another person has recently used it succesfully on a PC and smartphone so I'm at a loss at to the problem. I'll be interested to hear from anyone else who has either successfully used the link or had a similar problem. 

• STEPHEN POLLARD
4 years 5 months ago#3363by STEPHEN POLLARD
Hi Derek,
thanks for trying to sort this. Must be  something at my end. I'll try again in a few days on the premise that switching off  and then on after time can be effective. Cheers,
Steve