Welcome to the General Topics forum!

A forum for all for all general topics. This forum is publicly visible.

Electronic Gate closing

More
6 years 9 months ago#1287by Derek Hathaway
Electronic Gate closing was created by Derek Hathaway
The electronic gate seems like a great idea to improve security. However ... I foresee a couple of problems and wonder what will happen in these circumstances. Firstly there are times when entering the tunnel from the road that someone has approached from the club end. If there is a delay in clearing the gate due to uncertainty about one person reversing the gate could close on the entering car. Apart from the distress caused by the unfortunate damage to the entering car, whose liability would it be - one of the 2 owners or the club? Secondly my car is longer than average and while I can enter the club under the tunnel I have to proceed very slowly and carefully. I cannot be rushed or I may scrape the car on the walls or the now more protruding gate fixture. There are times when I do need to bring my car into the club so leaving it on the road for days is not an option. I think the 90 secs delay is not long enough. Can this be increased?

I may be alone in having any concerns but I am posting this to see if there are any other issues that need consideration.

Can someone give some thought to these issues before introducing the new system. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago#1288by Vyv Game
Replied by Vyv Game on topic Electronic Gate closing
Hi Derek
Thanks for those comments, we will certainly take them into consideration.

• Liz Butler
6 years 9 months ago#1291by Liz Butler
Replied by Liz Butler on topic Electronic Gate closing
Will we be supplied with additional keys per family as we often arrive at the club at different times and are not always sure who will arrive first.

More
6 years 9 months ago#1292by Vyv Game
Replied by Vyv Game on topic Electronic Gate closing
The situation with keys does not change, you will need to do what ever you do now!