Welcome to the General Topics forum!

A forum for all for all general topics. This forum is publicly visible.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Webcam

Webcam 2 weeks 1 day ago #1

• Derek Hathaway
  • Derek Hathaway's Avatar Topic Author
The webcam is an extremely valuable asset to Cruiser owners and we appreciate the efforts of those who keep it working! Recently it has been unusually slow to respond to the controls or not responsive at all or slow to load up. I, and I'm sure others, would be really grateful there is anything that can be done to improve it. Last year it was particularly useful to me when another boat/ mooring was presenting a risk to my boat but it is also very useful after strong winds to check that our boats are still there and no alien boats have entangled themselves with ours! Any help will be very much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Webcam 2 weeks 1 day ago #2

• Aidan Whiteley
  • Away
The router in the racebox has been playing up for a week or two. Its been subject to "percussive maintenance" (giving it a good poke) and switching on and off again several times over the last couple of weeks - in the hope that the problem would go away.

Seems that its getting worse.

Assuming it is a failing router we'd need a replacement. Ideally one with something called "NAT loopback" (which makes fault finding when in the race box much easier).

Trying to find xDSL modem / routers that support NAT loopback is hard Googling. The NETGEAR D7000 (Nighthawk) _seems_ to do what would be required at an Amazon price of £150 ( www.amazon.co.uk/NETGEAR-D7000-200UKS-Ni...words=netgear++D7000 ).

Maybe someone with better Googling skills than me can see if they can find something cheaper?

Cheers

Aidan

Webcam 1 week 12 hours ago #3

I'm no expert on modems / routers but I've done a bit of googling and found a couple that might do the job from Asus. They are the ASUS RT-N66U and ASUS RT-AC66U (£108 & £98 respectively on Amazon). Maybe you could have a look at them Aidan and see if they're suitable?

• Page: