Welcome to the General Topics forum!

A forum for all for all general topics. This forum is publicly visible.

Keen to crew

• George Fowler
  • Topic Author
5 years 7 months ago#2328by George Fowler
Keen to crew was created by George Fowler
Hello,

I've only just recently moved to Exeter, having graduated this summer from Sheffield. I've now moved closer to the coast and keen to return to dinghy sailing.

I've done RYA 1 & 2 when I was younger and mostly sailed Lasers. I'm very keen to crew, learn to race and enjoy the social side of sailing. I'm free to crew on weekends when I'm not on call, or doing night shifts at the RD&E, which is a couple here and there. Can also occasionally do weekdays.

Please do leave a message if you're looking for someone to help crew.

Regards,

George

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago#2340by steve peat
Replied by steve peat on topic Keen to crew
Hi George, I sail an RS400 with my wife, but she can't sail for a while as she's hurt her back. At the moment I'm liaising with someone else who offered recently, but they may not always be available, so there may be some opportunities. Have you sailed asymmetrics? Not a problem if not. If you want to contact me on [email protected] then we can discuss further
Cheers
Steve Peat

More
5 years 7 months ago#2341by Jonathan Carr
Replied by Jonathan Carr on topic Keen to crew
Hi George
Not sure if first message sent properly
I would be pleased it you were able to crew as well, this time in an RS200 asymmetric I have a few duties at weekends but my kids now at uni
Contact me on [email protected]

JC

More
5 years 7 months ago#2352by Robin Charles
Replied by Robin Charles on topic Keen to crew
My wife Liz crews my Merlin on Wednesday evenings, but is semi-retired for Sunday racing.I have a winter crew , but he isnt always available, and not at all in the summer.
My Merlin is nearly new ; they are quite challenging to crew but Liz has learnt over the years despite being only 45 Kg.and a non-helm. We have a regular fleet of Merlins within the handicap racing, with quite a high standard. I have trained several crews on spinnakers.

• George Fowler
  • Topic Author
5 years 6 months ago#2354by George Fowler
Replied by George Fowler on topic Keen to crew
Hello Robin,

Thank you very much for your message.

I have already been in touch with Jonathan and Steve and they have both kindly offered some crewing opportunities over the weekends when we are both free.

Please feel free to contact me on [email protected]

Regards,

George