Club Sailing Boats
Available for use by club members by prior arrangement. Members may not simply help themselves.
Hire Coordinator is Richard Fryer – see booking procedure below.
(choice of four)
|11’ 4” popular single-hander. Fun for all. Also ideal for the less experienced, junior or beginner.||£5 for four hours|
|Laser 167886||In race condition with Full or Radial. Preference given to experienced helms.||£10 for four hours|
|RS Feva 301||12ft one or two man dinghy (with spinnaker fitted in summer). For all but early beginners.||£15 for four hours|
|Wanderer 1467||A very popular hire choice, somewhat lighter than the Wayfarer and well equipped for exploring the whole estuary & trips to the Warren.||£15 for four hours|
|Wayfarer 8659||Family-size dinghy, well equipped for exploring the whole estuary & trips to the Warren.||£15 for four hours|
|Dart 15, 'Aly Cat'||
Recent addition to our hire fleet, thanks to members of the multihull fleet who have generously clubbed together. Priority to Juniors, but available for other members of the Club to hire. Warning: these boats accelerate fast and have different handling characteristics from monohulls. They can easily be damaged or cause damage. Please hire only if you are confident of your ability to handle the boat safely.
£15 for four hours
The Comet Trio is a fantastic all-rounder dinghy ideal for training, cruising or racing. The dinghy is suitable for relatively new sailors (RYA Level 2 or above) and the more experienced alike. The dinghy is 4.6m (15’) in length, easily reefed and can take up to 4 or 5 people. All the Trios are equipped with an asymmetric spinnaker system for those with advanced experience. Please state if you want to use the spinnaker as this sail is not generally kept with the boats.
£15 for four hours
A full day's hire (see options on Booking Requests page) is charged as a double four-hour session, e.g. £30 for the Wayfarer.
You can book and pay for 6 weekday sessions in advance (paid at time of booking) for the price of 4. So if you sail a dozen times a year it is cheaper than berth fees, insurance & depreciation not to mention maintenance on a boat of your own.
Use the online booking request system if you can; if you have problems you can e-mail me, or ring 01392 468762 (for preference) or 07981 247929 (not monitored 24/7). I will contact you to agree handover arrangements for the hire fee.
The six-for-the-price-of-four hire charge does not apply at weekends and Bank Holidays, only to weekday hires.) Weekend bookings may only be made a maximum of 2 weeks (14 days) in advance, except in exceptional circumstances such as booking the Laser for an Open Meeting. In such circumstances, initial application for exemption should be made to the Hire Boat Coordinator who may refer the matter to the Vice-Commodore.
- Fees apply to all hires, including use for Sunday racing or by Juniors for Begin to Race.
- There is no hire charge for the use of Club boats during Junior Sailing, SYC Dinghy Sailing Clinic sessions and SYC training courses listed in the Training Calendar or approved by the Training Officer.
- Unless otherwise agreed, the fee should be paid before the boat is rigged. If the galley is open, you may obtain a receipt for payments handed in there.
By hiring an SYC dinghy you agree to:
- Respect it as you would your own boat
- Wash down, cover and tie down after use
- Inform the Club promptly of any damage by recording it in the black folder by the door of the Members' Room
- Report any safety-critical issues in the folder, and advise me directly that you have done so
Safety - pre-launch checklist!
Enjoy your sail!