Welcome to the General Topics forum!

A forum for all for all general topics. This forum is publicly visible.

New Sailing Instructions

• Mark Elkington
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago#4739by Mark Elkington
New Sailing Instructions was created by Mark Elkington
Hi

I have just replaced the old club Sailing Instructions with the brand spanking new version - how exciting is that!.  You can find it under the Racing menu.

As I previously announced most of the changes are simply bringing our old sailing instructions in line with the RRS 2021-24; removing SYC specific instructions that have been replaced by new rules in the RRS, and restructuring the NoR / SI in accordance with the RRS recommendations.

A few things to note:
  • the Club Series race format has been changed with a different split between fast and slow handicap fleets
  • for average lap racing the OOD is encouraged to finsih all boats of the same class on the same lap
  • the time limit for boats finishing after the leading boat has been reduced to 30 minutes
  • the wording concerning when the OOD needs to fly flag C to signal a course change has been changed
On a related matter I have an action from the Sailing Committee to make some minor changes to the course board to make it easier to understand for non-regular racers.  This will probably result in a change to Appendix C of the Sailing Instructions - but I don't want to make the change until I finalise what needs to be done on the course board.

It is suprisingly hard to spot errors in dull documents, an although I have reviewed it several times and the Sailing Committee have checked it I'm sure there are still some typos and errors to be found.  Please let me know if you spot anything.

enjoy.

Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by Mark Elkington.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.