Welcome to the General Topics forum!

A forum for all for all general topics. This forum is publicly visible.

SYC External Car Park.

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago#5214by Alistair Glen
SYC External Car Park. was created by Alistair Glen
First and prehaps most pressing, the 'SYC Members Only' signs on the fencing have been removed giving the hoi polloi the impression that they can park on our very own version of Roland Garros. Are they due to be replaced (the signs, not the hoipolloi)? With the growing number of 'overheight' vehicles owned by members, external parking space is already at a premium.

The suggestion from the website front page is that the external carpark resurfacing is complete. Is this really the case? What we now have is a not particularly well compacted layer of scalpings that are already churning up. Even the jockey wheel of our trailer sank into the surface and left a deep furrow (which, I hasten to add, we heeled back in) and the cut edge of the tarmac has crumbled in at least one spot. As soon as these scalpings get wet we will have exchanged a few puddles for a sea of red mud. Having spent whatever we have spent on the current 'resurfacing', I fear (if that's the right word) that we are going to have to dig deeper (no pun intended) and get the job finished with a more durable top surface.

I hope I'm wrong. 
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Alistair Glen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago#5215by Ben Cutler-Sharp
Replied by Ben Cutler-Sharp on topic SYC External Car Park.
Yes I was going to raise the same thing after a member of the public got very irate with us when loading our boat on the trailer the other week when we had to block them in as it was full with cyclists/walkers on a non sailing day. Their argument was there were no signs.. my arguement was either block them in or block the road..

I was surprised also to see it's not tarmaced. Would have thought having with painted spaces to create some order and very clear signage on the floor and fence to make it obvious to visitors would have been the best solution.

can't say I dug up any of it in the car today but if it stays like that it will be a ploughed field by winter
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Ben Cutler-Sharp.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.