Welcome to the General Topics forum!

A forum for all for all general topics. This forum is publicly visible.

raceManager 10.3 - demo version available

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago#7485by Mark Elkington
raceManager 10.3 - demo version available was created by Mark Elkington
Hi
I recently installed an updated version of raceManager in the race box.  Few changes for OODs to worry about - but lots of improvements behind the scenes and some bug fixes. 

The only two significant changes that OODs may notice are:
  • Better handling of the "bunch" option and the ability to shorten a single fleet on the Timer page,
  • Load Retirements" - on the results page you will see a button labelled retirements.  If it is orange it indicates that some competitors have retired using the sign on system.  Just click the button to load the retirements BEFORE you save the results.
  • Multiple Series - some races this year will be part of two series.  For example each of the races in the Easter Series are also part of the Exe/Fricker Series.  Both sets of series results will be calculated and published to the website as part of the "Save Results" processing.
The new version of raceManager has also linked to the website to provide a DEMO version for OODs that want to familiarise or reacquaint themselves with the software before an OOD duty - see  www.starcrossyc.org.uk/rm-racebox-information.

My offer to new OODs to provide a run through of the software at the club or via ZOOM still stands - just send me a request through this forum.

Mark
Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Mark Elkington.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago#7486by Paul Kelley
Replied by Paul Kelley on topic raceManager 10.3 - demo version available
Hi Mark, thank you for all your continued and dedicated efforts in constantly improving our race management system . Please do be entirely reassured that we all recognise and greatly value all the work you have and do contribute to the club in this capacity ! 

I would certainly recommend that all members rostered as OOD/AOOD watch the online video demos Mark has kindly produced especially to help us , which clearly explain how the functions and new version of Race Manager operates . 

I would certainly appreciate a demo down at the club Mark, when convenient to better understand the new software updates . 

Many thanks,

Paul .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.